Sunday, March 11, 2012

2012 CHA Pinterest Challenge

Finally! I did it! Amelia's butterfly mobile.






I am so excited and I can't wait to put it up in Mimi's room. (She is sleeping right now and I have parent teacher conferences tomorrow night, so I will probably have to wait until Tuesday.) So, I have taken pictures of it to share now, and will share more pictures of it when I can put it her room. Her room is decorated with butterflies, and purple decor. I saw some tutorials online while looking for a project to do with butterflies. I had just received my Fly With Wings of Hope and Jillibean's Coconut Lime Soup kits and wanted to use the butterflies in a project. I love butterflies and with a little girl's room I can use a lot of butterflies. (Until, of course, she decides she doesn't like them.:) Now that the project is done, I have entered it into the Unity Stamp Company's CHA Pinterest Challenge. In the next 24 hours and until March 15th, you can visit Angela's Pinterest site and "like" projects. The project with the most "likes" on March 15th wins.

I started out stamping the butterflies and cutting aroung them trying to make templates. Then I would have had a lot of the same butterflies - I decided to go a different route. I didn't want a lot of the same butterflies and I didn't think I could be accurate enough or patient enough to cut out all of those butterflies by hand. I just received a Cricut for Christmas and a Gypsy for my birthday so I decided this would be a good time to test them out. I loved the butterfly that came with the Gypsy, so I cut out many butterflies in two sizes. Instead of using only butterfly stamps, I used stamps from almost every 2012 CHA release that I own. I have shown you some of the butterflies below before hanging them on the mobile.





I will list them below. I thought outside the box, and used the stamps in very unique ways. The hair and face from one of Phyllis' little girls as well as the grass, the legs and the balloon from Clever Handmade's little kids, the straw, the flowers(only the flowers, not the stem), and the jar parts from the Jillibean kit, the elephant face and hearts separately from the Love you Tons itty bitty, parts of the cake layers and the candlelight from Party Party Party,the hearts from Crappy Day and the patterns and some of the words from the Frames in the House kit are some of them.



I love how it turned out and hope you do too. Most of all, I hope Mimi loves it. She will have a hard time not touching it though. She wanted to play with it when I was hanging the butterflies this weekend.





Stamp kits I used can be found at Unity Stamp Company.



Bella Blvd.: ~ Love You Tons
Clever Handmade: ~ frames in the house ~ you are cute
Charity Wings/Spellbinder's: ~ Fly with WINGS OF HOPE
Jillibean Soup: ~ Coconut Lime Soup ~ note of thanks
Phyllis Harris: ~ happiness is... ~ your wings exist
Simple Stories: ~ sweet paper pals ~ year.o.graphy banners
itty bittys: ~ crappy day ~ Party Party Party ~ create the future
~Live what you Love~

Have a GREAT week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)