Thursday, June 28, 2012

Another card to share and some challenges, too

Hi everyone. Today was the first day not teaching summer school in awhile. I was able to sleep in a bit and my little Mimi let me. How nice of her :) I didn't get up until a little after 7. It is amazing, when you become a parent, what sleeping late is compared to when you don't have children. This afternoon I made another card ~ it was way too hot to spend much time outside and I love making cards (even when they become frustrating).



It is based on the Cardabilities #57 Sketch shown below.



I am also entering it into the {ippity} bright color challenge and the Unity summer time challenge.

I used the balloons from the May Unity kit of the month, summer from the June 2010 KOM (I think), and hello... from the {ippity} set How you doin'?, and Gurnsey Ginham (also from {ippity}). The paper is Lime Rickey by Basic Grey ~ oh how I love these colors!!!

A couple of other cards I made recently also using Unity stamps: (you can read more about them if you scroll down)



Have a great weekend!!!

18 comments:

  1. I love your take on the sketch! Those paper-pieced balloons are so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardabilities! I hope you will play again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are all fantastic. I really love those paper pieced balloons, they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, I really love your paper-pieced hot air balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all, but the hexagon heart is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I love the hexagon heart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great group of projects! The last one with the hexagon heart is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work! Love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colorful balloons, but the blue gems on the bright white background really stuck in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards are great, especially the balloon one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever to make the hexagons into a heart!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great work on these! Especially love the balloons and the hexagon heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, summer, indeed. I love the funky bright balloons, so very cheery! The hexagon heart is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrific projects! I love the balloons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)