Monday, August 19, 2013

Something new

Hello everyone! I bought the Unity stamp YOU are FILLED by Stephanie Ackerman recently and knew that I wanted to do something special with it. I decided to make a canvas for my daughter to hang in her bedroom. She is really in to pink right now, so I used that as my guide. I was able to play with my new gelatos, too. I used a tutorial by Jill Foster on YouTube as my guide for this project as I have only created a canvas once before. (A melted crayon piece that I did with my son.) This was fun for me , as I usually make cards. I only have a few days left before school starts, so I am trying some new things with the new products I have.






  


For my project, I used pink and white tissue paper, white paint, red and pink gelatos, matte Mod Podge, Unity stamps and some crinkle ribbon I made out of Hug Snug seam binding. I also used some Tattered Angels glimmer mist in Apple and Moss, paper from My Mind's Eye, stickles, and Memento ink. I suppose I should also admit that I ripped a couple of pages out of an old dictionary for the words love and daughter. *gasp* :)









I am working on another project right now as well that will use my gelatos. I hope to have it posted in the next couple of days. I am using canvas as the cover to a handmade scrapbook/art journal. 




20 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous Michelle! What a fun project to highlight the beautiful sentiment! I love the colors and bit of dictionary paper popping through (with the words daughter and love) too! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous creation! Looks like I need to go find myself some pink gelatos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty! i bet your daughter will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is such a special piece of ART!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW---This is awesome! You did a spectacular job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty Michelle! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love how you added the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely! What a great activity to do with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a masterpiece in pink! Love the dimensional butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michelle, I think that this is a lovely canvas with the perfect sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful! Your artistry fits perfectly with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning! I love the pink shades and rhe butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing. You've made me feel like I could do something like this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting on my creations! Won't you consider following me? Have a great day! :)